Re: Lower-case letter rehearsal marks

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Lower-case letter rehearsal marks
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 22:50:24 +0100

Hi,

>> And you have nothing in your "macro" that would actually switch the
>> "body" into markup mode.  To me, that looks like being harder to explain
>> to both compiler and user.
>
> Harder to the compiler? Yes, not hard to imagine.
> To the user? I'm not sure. But that's only me.
>
> This is the user-list, though, other users could step in as well...

The following is said without knowing any documentation — just to add
one spontaneous guess from a single user. From the name and the context
in which I've seen it so far, I would guess that \etc is a placeholder
for the other arguments which can not be written at this point of the
code. Like a tweak but the thing it acts upon will come only when this
command/macro is used. Probably I did not really touch your markup
function issue.

I now found this [1] and it seems to match my expectation. And it looks
pretty useful to me.

Cheers,
Joram

[1]: