Re: trouble with end bar and open-repeat (volta) bars at same place.

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: trouble with end bar and open-repeat (volta) bars at same place.
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 03:13:29 +0100

> Is there any way to have an endbar (\bar "|.") AND the begin-repeat for my
> \repeat volta 2 {} simultaneously?
>
> I'm attempting to typeset a typical Mozart Menuetto/Trio (Sleigh Ride K605
> #3) with a DC al Fine that ends after the last \alternative in the Menuetto.
> The beginning of the Trio must start with a volta repeat, but I'd really
> like to have an End-Bar under the Fine.
>
> Any ideas?  Google and I can't seem to find anything close online.
>
> (I already used the snippet for an invisible measure--named \splitBar in my
> macros--to separate out the \mark \markup {"Fine"} and the \mark \default at
> the Trio beginning.)
>
> Here's the outline of Herr Mozart's Menuetto/Trio.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --------------<code>-----------------
>
> outlineSleighRide = {
>
> \tempo "Menuetto" 4=180
>
> \repeat volta 2 { s2.*7 | } % 1-7
>
> \alternative {
>
> { s2. | } % 8
>
> { s2. | } % 9
>
> } % end alternative
>
> \mark \default % rehearsal A
>
> \repeat volta 2 { s2.*7 | } % 10-16
>
> \alternative {
>
> { s2. | } % 17
>
> { s2. | } % 18
>
> } % end alternative
>
> \fine
>
> \splitBar
>
> \mark \default % rehearsal B
>
> \key bes \major
>
> \tempo "Trio"
>
> \repeat volta 2 {
>
> % B
>
> s4. s4. | % 19
>
> s2.*6 | % 20-25
>
> } % end volta repeat
>
> \alternative {
>
> { s2. | } % 26
>
> { s2. | } % 27
>
> } % end alternative
>
> \mark \default % rehearsal C
>
> \repeat volta 2 { s2.*7 | } % 28-34
>
> \alternative {
>
> { s2. | } % 35
>
> { s2. | } % 36
>
> } % end alternative
>
> \key f \major
>
> \DCalfine
>
> } % end outlineSleighRide
>
> -------------<\code>-----------

Please always post the version you use and a tiny, _compilable_ example.
Right now I've no good idea what you're trying to achieve.
Usually I ignore posts without version/compilable example, I hate to
guess what _may_ be wished.
Though, I'm pretty drunk (love those Islay single malts)

Here a guess:

\version "2.19.32"

#(define-bar-line ".|:-a" "|." ".|:" "|")

{
  s1
  \break
  \bar ".|:-a"