Re: trouble with end bar and open-repeat (volta) bars at same place.

From: Mike F.
Subject: Re: trouble with end bar and open-repeat (volta) bars at same place.
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 01:22:02 -0700

Well spotted.  For some reason the string arrangement I'm adapting uses alternate endings every 8 bars...

In looking through all 4 parts, I see no difference in 1st or 2nd endings.  I'm betting that this 4-part rendering ONLY used the alt endings to denote a more obvious Fine.

I'm going to doublecheck the notes to make sure, play with T.Morley's advice, and decide whether to follow the older score you linked to or the newer 4-part arrangement.