Re: \breakDynamicSpan in a Dynamics context?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \breakDynamicSpan in a Dynamics context?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 15:29:51 -0500

Hi Dominic,

> I would like some way of having Lilypond automatically produce
> results as illustrated in 'Score 2' (my own image below).

A completely automated way certainly would be wonderful.

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to
> achieve better results in a more automatic way?

Right now, I do this manually — quite easily and effectively — using the
edition-engraver. In most systems, it only requires a single Y-offset
adjustment to fix the whole system (your example being an extreme
counterexample, which would require two tweaks).

But using the EE is probably not “automatic" enough for you.
I look forward to hearing what others have to say/offer.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info