Re: \breakDynamicSpan in a Dynamics context?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \breakDynamicSpan in a Dynamics context?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:19:12 -0500

Hi,

> Both ways have annoying side effects as blurring the visual and structural
> representation of the musical content in your code

… unless you use the edition-engraver.  ;)

> maybe some of the experienced contributors can sketch a possible way to
> create this.

In the extreme, this feature would simply remove the spanner/connection
altogether: dynamics would be free to float as they wished [modulo collisions
and padding, of course], with no impact on other dynamics in the same
staff/system.

The killer feature would be a hybrid, allowing explicit connections and/or
disconnections, while otherwise maintaining a controlled axis throughout an
entire staff/system.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how this could be implemented, nor the skills to
implement it if I knew how. But I would be happy to contribute some sponsorship
money (up to 50 Euros) to see that it got done.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info