Re: breaking chords with \autochange

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: breaking chords with \autochange
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:34:07 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jacques,

Jacques Menu-3 wrote
> Event that is very strange: there are missing backslashes…?

How annoying... so it seems that the website I used to paste the code takes
two backlashes and transform them into one....
As for the problem here with Nabble is that if you have "<" + "a" without
any space in between them, everything disappears until a ">" is written!
This is kind of a huge problem, since every chord starting with the pitch a
won't be displayed properly.... The same is true to chords starting with the
note "b", which makes everything look bold afterwards....

So, hopefully now the example below will show fine here and be compilable:

\version "2.19.32"

autochord = #(define-music-function
     (parser location chordDown chordUp)
     (ly:music? ly:music?)
      #{
        <<
          {
            \oneVoice \change Staff = "down" $chordDown
          }
          \\
          {
            \oneVoice \change Staff = "up" $chordUp
          }

      #}
     )

\autochange {
  c c
  \autochord <g c'> <d' f'>
  c'' c''
  \autochord <g c'> <d' f'>
  c''
}

Which, at least here, shows properly the double backlashes as well as both
arguments of \autochord.

So coming back, does anyone know why I get those warning messages?

Cheers,
Gilberto