Re: aligning melisma and non-melisma lyrics across staves in the same sy

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: aligning melisma and non-melisma lyrics across staves in the same system
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 13:58:40 +0100

> Hi Kieren,

> [...]
>> Continuing coding/thinking,
>>   Harm
>
> here the last version. Several comments inline.
> The syllables are compared via the length of their stencil-extents.
> Ofcourse this has disadvantages as said before and even some more.
>
> However, please test, to tired to continue...
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

After
has been pushed markup->string should have wider usability

Thus I made a new version of the `align-to-melisma-engraver' using
string-comparison first, stencils as fall-back.

Please test.

In the attached image you'll find the two occurrences of "double-two"
not perfectly aligned, because one is bold-italic, same will happen if
you use different fonts or different LyricText.font-size for each
Lyrics.
I think this is like it should be, what do you think?

Cheers,
  Harm