Re: frame engraver & box repeats: what's the current state-of-the-art?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: frame engraver & box repeats: what's the current state-of-the-art?
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:58:02 -0500

Hi David,

> Maybe there is something more up-to-date than found at the link you cite.
> Unfortunately, this all comes from before the days I had the wisdom to use
> version control with my own stuff, so I'll have to hunt around.

Thanks.

> I think that problems have crept into the engravers as LilyPond has changed
> in the meantime.  Possibly there is a quick fix, and the version you cite is
> workable.  Quick fixes aside, I gave up on this a long time ago, so no
> enhancements for the foreseeable future :)  (The archives give a record of
> the problems I had and couldn't solve by myself.)

Yes, I saw posts that looked problem-y.  =\

For now, all I need is a single staff (i.e., no span) boxer with continuation
arrows that cross barlines without trouble. So maybe you (or Nike) have
something that works with that, and doesn’t touch any of the more problematic
areas?

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer