Re: Ossia problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Ossia problem
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 17:40:59 +0100

Abraham Lee <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>
> On Tuesday, December 29, 2015, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Ralph Palmer <address@hidden <javascript:;>> writes:
>>
>> > Greetings -
>> >
>> > I'm running ly 2.19.33 under Win7.
>> >
>> > I'm trying to remove the first line of the ossia staff from the attached
>> > score. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where I'm going
>> wrong.
>>
>> You are missing an
>>
>>     \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t
>>
>> in a suitable place.  While setting VerticalAxisGroup.remove-empty has a
>> predefined alias \RemoveEmptyStaves, VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first
>> doesn't.
>>

> Any reason we can't add a similar alias for remove-first (e.g.,
> \RemoveFirstEmptyStaff)? And why not extend it to also have
> \RemoveAllEmptyStaves that does both?

That's actually the only sensible kind of command since remove-first
without remove-empty does nothing.

> Seems like a simple, but useful addition. I know I would use them
> regularly.

I think we also should have some default commands for doing _everything_
required for a somewhat standard ossia staff.  It's an embarrassment
that we only offer the raw pieces for this kind of thing without a
preassembled variant.

--
David Kastrup