Re: Help needed with chants

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Help needed with chants
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 23:15:13 +0100

Hi All,

I'm still mucking about with chants... this time, it's "modern" pointed psalms (not the Anglican type, but the "chant with guitar accompaniment" version... no comments!)

So... I have been struggling for days with a non-metrical chanted psalm verse with chords, and have gotten to the point where I get a compilation warning that
warning: staff-affinities should only decrease
with an end result that places the chords between the staves and the text:
Inline image

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Karen

\new Staff was entered at wrong location, try:

  <<
    \new ChordNames {
      \set chordChanges = ##t
      \harmonies
    }
    \new Staff \with { \remove "Time_signature_engraver" }
      \new Voice = "mel" \melody
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto mel \verseOne

HTH,
  Harm