Re: Segmentation Fault in music with cueDuring

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault in music with cueDuring
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 01:58:40 +0100

On 30.12.2015 01:06, Patrick Karl wrote:
On 12/29/15 5:53 PM, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Hello Pat,

this is definitely a bug, I’d say. I’ll write to the bug list.
Two or three policy issues with this:
1. Don’t hijack existing threads, if your message has nothing at all to do with their subject. Just compose a new message to the list – sorry, but what’s so difficult about that?

Just out of curiosity, exactly what existing thread do you think I hijacked?

I can only guess how you proceeded, but if you reply to a previous message and edit all of the visible information, hidden data will still link this mail to the previous thread.

2. (Re)read and follow <http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html>.
Again, out of curiosity, how is my snippet not a tiny-example?

Have a look at issue 4718 (link in my previous post) – there’s a tiny example.

3. Code formatting: Generally, always surround {} and = and Scheme expressions (those with `#') with spaces, even if they’re not technically necessary. They make it easier to read.

I didn't realize that coding style was a policy issue.

Yes, it is. If you post code to the list, others have to read and work with that code. Privately, you may do whatever you like.

Offhand I don't see any {} that are not surrounded by white space, i.e., blank, tab, or newline. That leaves Scheme expressions. I would say I can easily find many examples of exactly the style I choose in the NR.

Then it would have been messed up on the way. Attachments tend to be safer there. Find attached the version which arrived here and one with proper use of whitespace.
Sorry for being so strict with this.

Yours, Simon