Re: can't seem to apply tweaks on tweaks

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: can't seem to apply tweaks on tweaks
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 13:32:11 +0100

> Hi David,
>
>> OttavaBracket is engraved at Staff level, here you override it at Voice
>> level.  The Ottava_spanner_engraver never gets to see your override.
>
> But
>
>     \once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.shorten-pair = #'(-10 . -10)
> \octU_single c''’'1
>
> doesn’t work either.
>
> Or maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying.
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.

Ofcourse you should use Staff.OttavaBracket, but in `octU_single'
OttavaBracket.stencil is set to ly:line-spanner::print, which doesn't
support 'shorten-pair, as far as I know.

You would need to do:

"testing2" = {
  \octU_single
  \once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.bound-details.left.X = #-10
  \once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.bound-details.right.X = #10
  c''''1
}

\score { \"testing2" }

That's the disadvantage of using ly:line-spanner::print as stencil for
OttavaBracket.

Cheers,
  Harm

P.S.
There were some typos in your post, making it hard for people helping you

error: syntax error, unexpected '''
  \once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.shorten-pair = #'(-10 . -10)
\octU_single c''’

             '1

error: EOF found inside string
\score { \"