Re: Adjusting OttavaBracket parameters (was "Re: can't seem to apply twe

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Adjusting OttavaBracket parameters (was "Re: can't seem to apply tweaks on tweaks")
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 18:55:56 +0100

>> P.S.: Up to now I found it impossible to override certain properties
>> of the first part of a broken OttavaBracket, like the length of the line.
>> Hairpin has the 'broken-bound-padding at least, but none of the
>> others, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> And my limited testing with \alterBroken seems to suggest that not all bits
> are user-settable (e.g., I still can’t seem to set the broken text without
> overriding the stencil).

Well, broken text isn't that hard:

\version "2.19.32"

foo =
\override Staff.OttavaBracket.after-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
     (let* ((orig (ly:grob-original grob))
            (siblings (if (ly:grob? orig)
                          (ly:spanner-broken-into orig)
                          '())))
      (if (> (length siblings) 1)
          (for-each
            (lambda (sib) (ly:grob-set-property! sib 'text ""))
            (cdr siblings)))))

mus =
\relative a {
  \foo