Re: Adjusting OttavaBracket parameters (was "Re: can't seem to apply twe

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adjusting OttavaBracket parameters (was "Re: can't seem to apply tweaks on tweaks")
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 21:43:06 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> True.
> I posted my findings, else I wrote "discussable ..."
>
> So, let's start discussion.
>
> In the end the general question "How should OttavaBracket behave?"
> should be answered detailed.
> Part of it:
> Which properties should be user-settable?
> How should a (maybe broken) OttavaBracket behave at (line-)start/end.
> Maybe crossing items like TimeSignature, BarLine, KeySignature etc.,
> when broken.
>
> Only some questions, there may be others waiting to be answered.

To me it would appear that in this case by far the lion's share of the
work is digging through reference books (incidentally, I don't have any
of those), devising a good plan for the desired behavior, checking with
the current behavior, figuring out where the differences are,
cross-checking with other line spanners, abstracting useful
commonalities and differences and only ultimately touching the code.
C++ or not, that seems likely to be the smallest part of the problem.

--
David Kastrup