Re: turn off tab double half note stems

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: turn off tab double half note stems
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 21:11:07 +0100

Am 03.01.2016 um 21:05 schrieb Paul Morris:
On Dec 29, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Steve Fullerton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

In tab, lilypond draws a double stem for half notes. This is done
intentionally to distinguish half notes from quarter notes.

I’m curious about these double stems.  Does anyone know if they are a
common/standard way to indicate half notes in tab?  I searched the web
but didn’t turn up any documentation on this.

I am responsible for the double stems in tablature, but I did not invent them ;-)

AFAIK, there is no common standard for tablature with stems.

I found the double-stemmed variant in some examples and found it quite
more readable as – for instance – circles drawn around the fret numbers to indicate half or whole notes (this looks even more ugly with chords).

Is there a way to turn this feature off so half note stems are drawn
with a single line like quarter notes?

I was looking into the source code and it seems that for completeness
one should also revert the Stem.X-extent:

+1

Marc