Re: adding a markup ("sim.") to the end of a SustainPedalBracket

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: adding a markup ("sim.") to the end of a SustainPedalBracket
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 15:48:53 -0500

> On Dec 27, 2015, at 7:25 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> (2)
>> The doc-string for `stencil-whiteout' implies that @var{thickness} is
>> optional. As far as I understand it's not.

You’re right that the doc-string is misleading.  @var{thickness} is required as
an argument but if its value is not a number then an appropriate value is
selected based on @var{style}.  If the user hasn’t explicitly specified a
number for the thickness of the whiteout, then this procedure is called with an
empty/null/non-number value for @var{thickness}.

> Should it be?  Would that have saved us from the error?

I don’t think it would have prevented this error but it probably makes sense to
make it an optional argument.  I’ll prepare a patch for that so the code will
match the doc string.

-Paul