Re: OOoLilyPond

From: Roman Stawski
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:24:35 +0100

On 05/01/2016 21:52, Noeck wrote:
Hi Roman,

I also use OOoLilyPond often and had to check immediately when I read
your mail. I am using LibreOffice 5.0.2.2 and OOoLilypond 4.0.0 and it
still works for me. What is actually happening when you insert a new
snippet?

Cheers,
Joram

Hello Joram

When I hit the lilypond button the console popped up as usual to run Lilypond, finished correctly and disappeared. The OOoLP dialogue stayed open. When I looked at the LP output, everything had compiled fine. There were no errors.

Debugging the macro, I found in the OOoLilypond/Make routine that after compilation it was looking for OOoLilyPond.eps in the temp directory. In reality I had OOoLilyPond-1.eps, OOoLilyPond-2.eps and OOoLilyPond-3.eps ... but no OOoLilyPond.eps, so the routine just exited. I commented this out since the only file I'm interested in is OOoLilyPond.png which was there, and was included next. Debugging further kept throwing out errors in LibreBasic ... so I gave up.

Current state is that its now inserting the image ... but holding the image source open (even if I delete the image from the document). This means that the next run of OOoLP fails because it can't delete the source from the previous run.

I'm managing to make it work by unlocking the file, but optimal it's not.

Santé,
Roman