Re: When to Use Pound Signs

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: When to Use Pound Signs
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 21:55:42 -0700

On 16-01-05 09:47 PM, Andrew Bernard wrote:
According to the Unicode Standard 6.2, this is u0023, which is designated Number Sign, and also known equivalently as:

pound sign, hash, crosshatch, octothorpe

I have always called it octothorpe, mostly because it is just such a great word!

I wonder if the spaces delimited by the lines are thorpes? I' also carpent for a living, though.

Cheers,
Colin

--
Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored they go out for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
 - Scott Westerfield