RE: Strange beaming error

From: Chris Yate
Subject: RE: Strange beaming error
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 13:23:01 +0000

On 7 Jan 2016 1:31 am, "Mark Stephen Mrotek" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Chris:
>

> What is the time signature? 6/8?
>
> Or is it 2/4 grouped as if in tuplets?
> Mark

Mark,

Yes, it's 6/8.
Although it changes to 4/4 for one movement - the one before this problem occurs (that may or may not be coincidental), and there's partial bars at the beginning and end of most of the movements

Chris

---

On 7 January 2016 at 09:05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Yate <address@hidden> writes:
> Are inlined images not OK here? ...or were you just being pedantic?
> ;-)

They were inlined into the HTML part only rather than attached as a
separate MIME part with an inline disposition.

As a result, a number of readers will not be able to see them (for
example, I had to switch my default viewing modes around after being
made aware by Thomas that there was supposed to be an included graphic)
and the list archives are not likely to offer them either since they
tend to trash the HTML parts.

So your method of attachment is not likely to work well for a lot of
purposes (probably the only worse way would be to make it a background
image of the mail).  I would strongly suggest that you try to figure out
one that would be more likely to work with the bulk of readers.

OK, noted, thanks.  I'm now rather accustomed to using webmail, and it's arguably a failing of the webmail client if it doesn't attach a drag-dropped file properly.  Whilst I don't want to start a holy war on this point, I'd hazard a guess that the bulk of readers nowadays, by which I mean email clients designed for humans to read, are perfectly capable of reading HTML emails.

The main exception I can see (and it's a good one) is a list archive. Would attachments be archived too? Inline replies vs top posting is the same argument IMO.

Chris