Re: Bravura svg font

From: Paul Booker
Subject: Re: Bravura svg font
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 18:15:13 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > I don’t know if it is by design or not in lilypond, but I incorporate
> > a lot of postscript in my scores and they simply will not render as
> > SVG. So far, I have never had any clear answers about this
> > behaviour. Is it that lilypond can’t do conversion from postscript
> > code in markups and so on to SVG? That would not be surprising.
>
> Correct.  But one can do a lot using the \path markup which should
> transfer to SVG just fine.

Thanks David, for the clue.

Between you and the log file, and LSR snippet 623, it seems I chose the
worst possible example to try with the parallelogram.

parallelogram =
  #(ly:make-stencil (list 'embedded-ps
    "gsave
      currentpoint translate
      newpath
      -0.3 0 moveto
      -0.3 1.4 1.8 1.3 1.8 0 curveto
      1.7 -1.9 -0.5 -2.5 -0.5 -2.5 curveto . . . etc

Note all the segment names after the coordinates. I missed this before.

But svg backend requires different markup, such as

customClefStencilTwo =
  #(ly:make-stencil
    `(path 0.1
          `(moveto 0 0