Re: Cross-staff stems + TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Cross-staff stems + TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:47:38 -0000

takumi ikeda wrote Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:52 AM

> I found that the following code does not work properly. I don't know
> whether it is the known bug or not...
>
> %%%%
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> {
>  \new PianoStaff <<
>    \new Staff = up {
>
>      % It works well when the followong line is commented out.
>      \override TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority = #0
>
>      \tuplet 3/2 { c'8 \change Staff = down c r}
>    }
>    \new Staff = down {
>      \clef bass
>      s4
>    }
>  >>
> }
>
> %%%%

I don't think it's a bug.  TupletBracket is not an outside-staff object and
probably
lacks the code to deal with being one (setting outside-staff-priority turns it
into
an outside-staff object.)

You may find
    \override TupletBracket.positions = #'(2 . -1)
does what you are seeking, perhaps with different numerical values.

Trevor