Re: Instrument names and smallest possible bounding box

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Instrument names and smallest possible bounding box
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 05:44:20 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016, Carl-Henrik Buschmann wrote:
> 2) I need to export pngs for my latex documents and i would like the
> bounding box to be as small as possible. How do i do this?

I don't know how well this fits into your workflow, but I'd be inclined to
trim the images after export using pnmcrop, automated by a Makefile
recipe.  Probably simpler than trying to get Lilypond to resize its "page"
to fit the material.  If you were exporting in a vector format, the
trimming operation might be harder, but trimming off white borders on
a PNG file is easy.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.