Re: Outliner markup command

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Outliner markup command
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:19:54 -0500

Hi Harm,

> On Jan 15, 2016, at 5:58 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The only way I've found, is to delete all color-settings from the
> stencil-expr.
> Anyone with a better idea?
>
> Below you'll find what I did.
> Fixes `stencil-whiteout-outline' by applying newly defined `uncolor-stencil'
> Also adding `outliner'-markup-command

This looks like a good solution to me.  Thanks for looking into it and coming
up with a fix!  That recursive map function is especially nice.  For the name
of the markup command, I’d like to suggest \outline since it is more in line
with the names of other markup commands.

It might also be good to let the \whiteout markup command respond to color
property overrides, but that’s a separate issue.  And I suppose it raises the
question of whether to provide both, which is a matter of how sweet or bitter
to make the syntax.  For example:

\markup {
    \override #'(style . outline)
    \override #'(thickness . 3)
    \override #`(color . ,red)
    \whiteout ''text with red outline"
}

\markup {
  \outline #3 #red "text with red outline"

-Paul