Re: Configuring beam count at subdivisions

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Configuring beam count at subdivisions
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:28:02 -0500

Hi Urs,

> deep in my heart I also feel we shouldn't support incorrect notation

Well, okay, then… Let's eliminate the ability to move NoteHead to the wrong
side of Stem, block \rotate from affecting e.g., Rest, etc. etc.  ;)

Just a Devil’s Advocate-y way of saying: I completely agree that Lilypond
should *encourage* correct notation, but not necessarily eliminate *user
options*.

We just provide the rope — it’s up to the user to tie a bowline or noose, as
desired or appropriate.

My 2¢.
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer