Re: Configuring beam count at subdivisions

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Configuring beam count at subdivisions
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:33:27 +0100

Am 18.01.2016 um 18:28 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> Hi Urs,
>
>> deep in my heart I also feel we shouldn't support incorrect notation
> Well, okay, then… Let's eliminate the ability to move NoteHead to the wrong
> side of Stem, block \rotate from affecting e.g., Rest, etc. etc.  ;)
>
> Just a Devil’s Advocate-y way of saying: I completely agree that Lilypond
> should *encourage* correct notation, but not necessarily eliminate *user
> options*.
>
> We just provide the rope — it’s up to the user to tie a bowline or noose, as
> desired or appropriate.
>
> My 2¢.
> Kieren.

Hm.
Actually it's about adding two lines of code and adding one entry in a
Scheme list ...

So I'll keep the option #'one in for now, may people object during
review or not ...
(If I should ever get to that state, this whole subject is getting more
complex with each iteration. I'm astonished that the code hasn't grown
to enormous amounts by now and that it was always possible to condense
the conditionals to a reasonable amount. But I still haven't really
tackled rests under beams (which had some unnoticed bugs already), and
my first attempts indicate that they are quite nasty ...

If I had realized that before I probably wouldn't have touched it - so
fortunately I didn't expect ... ;-)

Urs