Re: Handling of subdivisions with shortened beams

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Handling of subdivisions with shortened beams
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:20:27 +0100

Am 18.01.2016 um 18:37 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> On 18.01.2016 18:27, Urs Liska wrote:
>> Am 18.01.2016 um 18:24 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
>>> Hi Urs,

>>> This.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kieren.
>>>
>> Any suggestions for a better name than
>>
>>      \set subdividedBeamCountAddForShortenedBeam = ##t
>
> It would almost call for
> \override Beam.subdivide-details.ignore-shortening = ##f
> (this would be the default). Still a bit clumsy, and I don’t want to
> upturn your plans. But the options seem to be complex enough to be
> better stored in an alist.

I find this a very good idea. I don't feel very good with inventing
arbitrary independent context properties. Having a single object and
consistent interface would make it much more consistent to add more
configuration options to the beaming.

That wouldn't bother my "plans" at all, it's just that I don't know out
of my hat where to define (and initialize) such an alist and how to
access its value from within the C++ beaming code. So any hints welcome ...

Best
Urs

--
Urs Liska