Re: tuplet number

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tuplet number
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 09:16:38 +0100

Stanton Sanderson <address@hidden> writes:

>> On Jan 18, 2016, at 5:07 PM, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 18.01.2016 um 23:52 schrieb Mark Stephen Mrotek:
>>> In 2.18,
>>>
>>> Tuplet - no number    \override TupletNumber #'stencil = ##f
>>
>> Setting the stencil to ##f is exactly what \omit does ;) (\omit already
>> exists in 2.18).
>
> A third option to your first two, which proves quite useful in my case-
> \once \undo \omit

Well, only as of version 2.19.28 (before that \once would have been
ignored which would seem inconvenient but no showstopper for this use
case):

commit 314743a9769d8094d23cd45eb307b1485b41cb44
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue Sep 15 20:50:13 2015 +0200

    Issue 4609/4: Move \once action from iterators to listeners

    This ends the dependency of the events generated for \once\unset and
    \once\set on the current context (bad for recording and replaying events
    like with the part combiner and quoted music).  It also implements
    \once\revert and makes every \once\override and \once\revert impervious
    to any other overrides and reverts that may happen at the same time.

It's also worth noting that if you are planning to use \once \revert, it
generally is a worthwhile idea to use \temporary \override (or
\temporary \omit in this case) before: in case that the value to revert
to is established in the context (or its context definition) itself
(which it isn't here, as opposed to TabStaff), the old value to revert
to will only be available on the context's property stack when having
used a \temporary override.

--
David Kastrup