Re: Extent of hairpins

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Extent of hairpins
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:25:57 +0000

On Tue, 2016-01-19 at 10:22 -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > How can I change the default so that hairpins normally stop at the
> > left-hand edge of the final note?
>
> Adjust the bound-padding.
>
> Hope this helps!
> Kieren.

But surely this will affect both ends of the hairpin.

In the case of free-standing hairpins I would like to move the end of
the hairpin to align with the left-hand side of the note, but the start
of the hairpin is fine as it is.

In the case of consecutive hairpins, I want to affect the alignment of
the end of the first hairpin and the start of the second; or, if
hairpins were generally aligned in accordance with the preceding
paragraph, it would be simply a question of moving the start of the
second hairpin.

Can the ends not be controlled separately?

David