Re: Determine the including file

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Determine the including file
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 11:04:01 +0000

On 22 January 2016 at 10:44, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
If I have

% file a.ly
\include "b.ily"

% file b.ily
\include "c.ily"

% file c.ily

can I somehow refer to file b.ily from file c.ily?
In other words: If b.ily includes c.ily can I know from within c.ily
that it was b.ily who included me?

I suppose not, but one should never give up without asking ...

Best
Urs

Hi Urs,

What are you trying to achieve? If you \include "c" at the end of "b", I imagine the code in "c" will have access to code from "b".

But this smells like a circular dependency that you need to break with a common include file.

Chris