Re: Ossia problem - different timing

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Ossia problem - different timing
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:54:38 -0500

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:52 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Kevin Barry <address@hidden> writes:

Reverting does not depend on whether the override happened in a \with
_expression_ or with an explicit \override.  However, the overrides in
context definitions and \with expressions _accumulate_ on the stack
while normal \override _replaces_ the topmost override.

So if you want to get back a _previous_ context-specific value (many
grob property values are just established as global defaults and are
impervious to reverting) through reverting, you need to use
\temporary\override instead of \override.

> 2) check what the default value is in the internals manual and use
> that as a value for an override

If there _is_ a default value, reverting should get you there.

Here is an example for accumulating overrides:

--
David Kastrup

Many thanks to Kevin and David Kastrup -

I was able to use "non-temporary" \overrides while being explicit about the context. That is, I used
\revert StaffGroup.SpanBar.glyph-name
while using regular \overrides, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer