Re: Edition-engraver: Multiple editions in same file

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Edition-engraver: Multiple editions in same file
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 15:17:38 +0100

Am 22.01.2016 um 22:00 schrieb Ben Strecker:
I’m working on a project that would have the same melody appearing in different ranges in the same document.  Each range has its own set of modifications through the edition-engraver, but using \removeEdition anywhere in the file appears to remove that edition for all of the scores.  What is the best practice for managing multiple editions in the same file?

I have attached a very simple example where I have two scores:  one that should have a color modification applied, and another that should not have any editionMods applied.

If your actual file is also organized using different \score blocks you can achieve what you want by moving the layout block *inside* the score block:

\score {
  \new Staff { \melody }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \consists \editionEngraver my.Test
    }
    \context {
      \Staff
      \consists \editionEngraver ##f
    }
    \context {
      \Voice
      \consists \editionEngraver ##f

If that's not what you need please give more details on the actual use case. It may be that we can help you further

HTH
Urs

Thanks,
Ben