Re: Edition-engraver: Multiple editions in same file

From: Benjamin Strecker
Subject: Re: Edition-engraver: Multiple editions in same file
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:57:03 -0500

Thanks, Urs.

That occurred to me after a good night’s sleep.  I think I have *a* solution now, but I don’t know if it’s the recommended way to do things.

My project contains four scores where the melody is the same but in different registers.  There are some modifications that I want applied universally to each score, but the individual scores have their own requirements from different BreathingSign collisions, slur shapes, etc.

I now have my file organized with a global \layout block:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \consists \editionEngraver beams
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists \editionEngraver ##f
  }
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists \editionEngraver ##f

And each of the scores has it's own layout block consisted with an editionEngraver unique to that score.  Here are the first two, for example:

\score {
  \new Staff {
    << \melody \dynamics \global >>
  }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \consists \editionEngraver firstTreble

\score {
  \new Staff {
    << \transpose e b \melody \dynamics \global >>
  }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \consists \editionEngraver highest

So far this seems to be working, but I don't know if this is considered the 'correct' way to do it.

So have I kept myself on the beaten path or wandered into inadvisable territory?

Ben