Re: Determining what parameters exist for an item

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Determining what parameters exist for an item
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 22:22:35 +0100

> Hi Harm,
>
>> Well, it is the _actual_ default. KeyCancellation _can't_ have
>> a general default of X-extent for all possible KeyCancellations…
>
> Obviously.  =)
>
> But the benefits of the function are both general (“Get a list of every
> settable property for this grob.”)

But please understand: if a property is settable, this does not mean
your setting takes any effect.
I don't speak of user-errors in syntax, missing context, etc, but
sometimes an engraver does not listen to a certain property, maybe
because it's hard-coded or not really needed or for other good
reasons.

Btw, I tested it with 2.18.2, doesn't work with \applyOutput, but with
\override Grob.after-line-breaking

Cheers,
  Harm