Re: Edition-engraver: Multiple editions in same file

From: Ben Strecker
Subject: Re: Edition-engraver: Multiple editions in same file
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 23:15:34 -0500

Thank you Jan-Peter and Kieren,

That helps clear up a lot of my confusion.

Ben

On Jan 24, 2016, at 2:24 PM, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ben,

I was about to write about the three dimension to watch. But I have to think about it, if I can change this.
For now there will one set of editiontags per compilation. So every call to \addEdition and \removeEdition will affect the list of active modification-layers for the whole run. The compilation of a file is done in multiple steps. The called commands act on in the first step, the actual typesetting is done in another step.
In my use-cases, I always have one edition-set per file, e.g. full-score or part for single instruments. But your use-case looks reasonable. I attached your example slightly modified, where the first score is modified, but not the second. To achieve this, I used \applyContext, so that the \removeEdition command is performed, when beginning typesetting th second score. The command could be wrapped inside a little helper command.
This technique has the pro, that it matches your use-case, but a big con, in that it remixes content and design again.
So I would not recommend this over the solution, you already found.
Perhaps another solution is found another day ;-)

HTH for now
Cheers
Jan-Peter