Re: \offset documentation (was: Determining what parameters exist for an

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: \offset documentation (was: Determining what parameters exist for an item)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:24:53 +0000

On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 11:57 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> David Sumbler <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Huh?
> >>
> >> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/available-music-functions#index-offset
> >>
> >> Granted, the entry is lacklustre.
> >
> > Ah - I hadn't thought of looking there, because most (all?) of the other
> > music functions are listed in NR Appendix D.  Should it not be added
> > there too?
>
> It is.
>
> > My apologies for forgetting to change the subject line on my previous
> > e-mail to the list.
>
> Thanks for the reminder.

Yes, I now see that it is indexed as "offset", with a link to "A.19
Available music functions", but it is not indexed as "\offset".  Other
music functions are indexed both with and without the preceding
back-slash.

I had looked for "\offset" in the section of the index for items
starting with "\" - which constitutes roughly half of the entire index.
Perhaps for consistency \offset (sic) should also be listed.

David S