Re: Remove system separator

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Remove system separator
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:50:17 -0700 (MST)

Pierre,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Schneidy [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I need to typeset an orchestral piece showing system separators together with solo scores without the system separator.
Any idea ?

%%%%%% Snippet: %%%%%%
\version "2.19.35"

#(set-default-paper-size "a6landscape")

instruOne = \new Staff {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = "Inst. 1"
  \repeat unfold 20 c''1
  \bar "|."
}

instruTwo = \new Staff {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = "Inst. 2"
  \repeat unfold 20 c'1
  \bar "|."
}

\book {
  \paper {
    system-separator-markup = \slashSeparator
  }
  \header {
    title = "Some Music"
  }
  \bookpart {
    \new StaffGroup << \instruOne \instruTwo >>
    \header { piece = "CONDUCTOR" }
  }
  \bookpart {
    \score {
      \instruOne
      \layout { system-count = 4 }
    }
    \header { piece = "INSTRUMENT ONE" }
  }
  \bookpart {
    \score {
      \instruTwo
      \layout { system-count = 4 }
    }
    \header { piece = "INSTRUMENT TWO" }

%%%%%%% END %%%%%%%%%

\bookpart can contain its own \paper block, so just move the \book's \paper block inside the \bookpart with the combined parts:

%<------------ SNIP --------------

\book {
  \header {
    title = "Some Music"
  }
  \bookpart {
    \new StaffGroup << \instruOne \instruTwo >>
    \header { piece = "CONDUCTOR" }
    \paper {
      system-separator-markup = \slashSeparator
  \bookpart {
    \score {
      \instruOne
      \layout { system-count = 4 }
    }
    \header { piece = "INSTRUMENT ONE" }
  }
  \bookpart {
    \score {
      \instruTwo
      \layout { system-count = 4 }
    }
    \header { piece = "INSTRUMENT TWO" }

Naturally, you could have added

\paper {
  system-separator-markup = ##f
}

in each of the individual instrument \bookpart blocks, but I think my first suggestion is better since it reduces typing.

HTH,
Abraham