Re: Determining what parameters exist for an item

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Determining what parameters exist for an item
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:47:39 -0500

Hi Harm,

> if a property is settable, this does not mean your setting takes any effect.
> I don't speak of user-errors in syntax, missing context, etc, but
> sometimes an engraver does not listen to a certain property, maybe
> because it's hard-coded or not really needed or for other good reasons.

Excellent point. I’m sure it’s a pie-in-the-sky thought… but…

Is there a way, in your [wonderful] list of _all_ properties, to have Lily
automatically say which will have an effect?
Or is that as simple as “adjusting a property will have an effect if and only
if it’s listed on the grob’s ‘homepage’ in the IR”?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info