Re: How to hide or remove the bars connecting an ossia staff to the righ

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: How to hide or remove the bars connecting an ossia staff to the right hand staff
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 08:14:46 +0100

Hello Joe,

It should work fine if you add this to the \with - statement of your ossia staff:

\override BarLine.allow-span-bar = ##f

Best,
Robert

Am 27/01/16 um 01:53 schrieb Joseph N. Srednicki:
Hello:

I am engraving an organ piece in which I want to add an ossia staff
above a measure to indicate how to perform an ornament.

I can make the ossia staff appear; however, I cannot determine how to
hide or remove the bar lines that connect the ossia staff to the staff
for the right hand.

I checked the documentation and used the obvious search strings in
Google, but I obviously am missing something.

Would someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Here as a two-measure example. The ossia staff appears above the second
measure.

The attached PNG file shows the rendered score with annotation on the
bar lines that I want to hide.

I am running Lilypond with Windows 10.

Here is the code:

\version "2.19.35"

\language "english"

global = {

   \key c \major

   \time 4/4

}

rightOne = \relative c'' {

   \global

   c4 c c c

   <<

      {c4 c c c}

      \\

      \new Staff = "ossia" \with {

         alignAboveContext = #"right" fontSize = #-2

         \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

         firstClef = ##f

         \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)

         \override StaffSymbol.thickness = #(magstep -3)

      }

      {c4 c c c }

}

rightTwo = \relative c'' {

   \global

   % Music follows here.

   c4 c c c

   c4 c c c

}

leftOne = \relative c' {

   \global

   c4 c c c

   c4 c c c

}

leftTwo = \relative c' {

   \global

   c4 c c c

   c4 c c c

}

pedal = \relative c {

   \global

   c4 c c c

   c4 c c c

}

\score {

   <<

     \new PianoStaff <<

       \new Staff = "right" << \rightOne \\ \rightTwo >>

       \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass << \leftOne \\ \leftTwo >> }

     \new Staff = "pedal" { \clef bass \pedal }

   \layout { }

}

Thanks for looking at this example.

Joe Srednicki