Re: Beam/fermata collision avoidance?

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Beam/fermata collision avoidance?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:30:32 +0100

Thanks for the tips, guys. I think the -\tweak… method works best for me, so I'll go with that. I can't put the fermata underneath, because the voice is in the middle of an ensemble where all the other fermati are on top. But that's a handy tip, just in case it comes up again.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

> is there any way to avoid the collision between fermata and beam in the following snippet?

Multiple ways, actually. Here’s one option:

\version "2.19.36"

\relative c'' {
  b8 b,-\tweak padding 1.5 -\fermata r4 r2
}

> I don't find the override to control fermata spacing.

[\once] \override Script #’padding or #’Y-offset or #’extra-offset would all be ways of controlling “spacing” (in different ways).

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info