Fwd: [MEI-L] Registration Open: Music Encoding 2016

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Fwd: [MEI-L] Registration Open: Music Encoding 2016
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:44:41 +0100

Forwarding this and asking for further distribution.

From last year's experience I can say that the Music Encoding Conference is a very fruitful event if one is interested in any of the discussed topics. Anybody within reach of Montréal should consider it.

Best
Urs

Betreff: [MEI-L] Registration Open: Music Encoding 2016
Datum: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:37:48 +0000
Von: Andrew Hankinson <address@hidden>
Antwort an: Music Encoding Initiative <address@hidden>
An: address@hidden

(Please distribute widely)

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the organizing and program committees we are delighted to invite you to attend the Music Encoding Conference 2016, which will be held on 17-20 May in Montréal, Canada. Registration for this event is now open. Details on the program, venues, and registration are available on the conference website:

We are following the successful model of previous Music Encoding Conferences: The 17th will be a hands-on workshop day, the main program of the conference will be held on the 18th and 19th, and an "unconference" day will be held on the 20th as an opportunity for community members to self-organize tutorials, discuss research projects and collaborations, or participate in a "hack" day.

We are delighted to announce that this year's keynote speakers will be Julia Flanders and Richard Freedman.

Regular registration is available until 31 March, and "late bird" registration is be available until 8 May.

Thanks to a grant by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, we are able to offer dramatically reduced prices for student registration. There are also a limited number of travel bursaries for student presenters available. Details on deadlines, eligibility, and how to apply are available on the conference website.

This year we will also be inviting conference participants to attend a free public lecture and concert in collaboration with Montréal-based choir VivaVoce on the evening of Friday, 20 May. Details on this event are also available on the website.

Any questions may be sent along to the conference organizers at address@hidden.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Montréal in May!

For the program and organizing committees,
Andrew Hankinson
Ichiro Fujinaga