Re: override default bar width for only one bar

From: Ryan Michael
Subject: Re: override default bar width for only one bar
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 00:50:29 -0800

Sorry All, I was using confusing language describing what I was doing Basically I would like to overset the horizontal spacing as Pierre suggests. This is the sketch of the fashion in which I would like to overwrite the horizontal spacing

     \score {
  \relative c'' {
    g4 e e2 | f4 d d2 | c4 d e f | g4 g g2 |
    g4 e e2 | f4 d d2 | c4 e g g | c,1 |
    \once     \override SpacingSpanner.base-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment 1/16)
    d4 d d d |
    %somehow resume to normal spacing%
    d4 e f2 | e4 e e e | e4 f g2 |
    g4 e e2 | f4 d d2 | c4 e g g | c,1 |
  }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score

basically for a single measure, to set the spacing to be much much larger than default, and then, in the following measure, reset to default.

Thank you all!