vertical positioning of consecutive figured bass indications

From: Leszek Wroński
Subject: vertical positioning of consecutive figured bass indications
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:25:46 +0100

Guys,

if you take a look what Lilypond 2.19.5 (which is the version I'm using) produces from the following:

\version "2.19.5"

\score {

\new Staff { \clef bass

<<bes4 \figuremode{<4>16 <3>8.}>> }}

you will, I hope, notice that the '3' is rendered quite a bit lower than the '4'. Is there a way I could make the '3' appear exactly on the level of the '4'? The score I'm editing has many places like that and it will be easier to read for my continuo player. (He requested that the indications appear above the staff, so I'm not changing that.)

I'd be grateful for any pointers!

Leszek.