Re: Gregorian clefs

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Gregorian clefs
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:13:43 +0100

On 31.01.2016 21:02, Joseph Folens wrote:
Dear reader,

I try to add the command \clef vaticana-do1 (or 2 or 3) into a text for a score In the report there is always a reference like "vaticana-do" is invalid, followed y the valid clefs, wich include the clef I have in my text. So, it seems the programm
does not recognize its own clefs, or is there something I missed?

The \clef command needs to be inside the music (inside the staff, to be precise). Also, you need to use "" for the clef name, else the number will be interpreted wrongly.
A few more hints:
– There was a space in \ break; also you need to add an invisible bar line { \bar "" } if you really want a line break, since Lily currently only allows breaking at bar lines.
– You should use proper lyric hyphens, which adapt to spacing.
– If you don’t want them to collapse in tight situations, you should override LyricHyphen.minimum-distance (commented below).
Here’s the full example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\include "gregorian.ly"
\score {
  <<
    \new VaticanaVoice = "cantus" {
      \clef "vaticana-do2"
      \[ c'\melisma c' \flexa a\]
      \[ a \flexa \deminutum g\melismaEnd \]
      c' \divisioMinima \break
      \[ c' \melisma c' \flexa a \]
      \[ a \flexa \deminutum g\melismaEnd \] f \divisioMinima
    }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "cantus" {
      San -- ctus, San -- ctus,

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    %\override LyricHyphen.minimum-distance = 1

Yours, Simon

PS. Always include a \version statement with your code examples.