Re: Four Part Piano Staff

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Four Part Piano Staff
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:16:22 -0600

On Tue 02 Feb 2016 at 15:37:29 (-0800), Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Thank you for your response and suggestion. Whenever I make an inquiry I
> attach a .ly file.

Your reply, quoted below, implies a question: "Why do I get two
unwanted additional staves?".

I can only hazard a guess: that you pasted Simon's:

\new Staff = "foo" <<
  \time 7/32
  \key fes \minor
  \new Voice = "soprano" { \voiceOne bisis'32.. }
  \new Voice = "alto" { \voiceTwo a'\breve }

into your code at the point where you had:

% code for explicitly instantiating two voices

but posting the code _modified by the suggestions_ is what
we need.

> > Thank you for your reply and the suggested code. What you provide
> > works well with a single staff - as presented in the documentation.
> > When inserted into a piano staff two additional staves are included
> > between the two piano staves.

Cheers,
David.