Re: access font-size of clef G_8

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: access font-size of clef G_8
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:57:12 +0100

Hi David,

> Sorry, but the question is nonsensical.

Well, people like me who don't understand it, sometimes don't know how
to ask.

> Grob properties are inherited through the context hierarchy.  An
> engraver acting in a particular context will see properties set in this
> context.  If they aren't set there, it will consult the parent context
> recursively.

I think this answered my question.

I understand now: If there is any previous (in lilypond or in a
stylesheet) setting like
\override Staff.ClefModifier.color = #red
then
\override Staff.ClefModifier.color = #green
will override it an the clef modifier will be green.
But if I write
\override Score.ClefModifier.color = #blue
it would only have an effect if there was no setting on staff level and
as there is above, this override on score level has no effect – at least
a small example confirms it.

Thanks,
Joram