Re: Super and sub

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Super and sub
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 22:46:51 +0100

Am 6. Februar 2016 22:24:41 MEZ, schrieb John Gourlay <address@hidden>:
>Joram,
>
>As you say, LaTeX is for producing beautiful mathematics and LilyPond
>is for producing beautiful music. It’s possible that the conventions in
>the two different kinds of typography differ in their placement of sub
>and superscripts, and so LaTeX and LilyPond should differ in their
>behavior.

I'm sure Joram is not speaking of formulas but of superscript in plain text
paragraphs. And I don't see why we shouldn't take LaTeX with its decades of
typesetting experience as a model for the plain text parts of LilyPond scores.

If LilyPond scores contain text areas they should of course look good,  and
there is much room for improvement here.

My 2 Ct.
Urs