Re: Grace notes and voices.

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Grace notes and voices.
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 01:42:54 +0100

On 07.02.2016 01:13, Hwaen Ch'uqi wrote:
Having searched rather thoroughly through the archives, I understand
that the issue of grace notes within voice contexts is a perennial one.
Unfortunately, the Known Issues and Warnings do not address my
problem, and the example is, to my mind, incredibly contrived. At the
root of my problem is that the grace notes in my example appear on the
downbeat, so there is no rest or note to insert between any \voice and
\grace command. Any thoughts on how I might rectify this situation
would be greatly appreciated! Below is the code, and the output is
attached.

Hello Hwaen,

it works if you repeat the \voiceXXX settings (implicit in your example) after the initial grace note. Also I’d recommend using a minimum-length for these ties, else they become too short (another embarrassing bug…)
Complete code would be as follows:

%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \relative c' {
        \key es \major \time 3/4 \clef treble
        <<
          {
            g'8 f g4 g %1A
          }
          \\
          {
\grace <bes, g>8~\arpeggio \voiceTwo <bes g>2 \grace { <bes g>8~\arpeggio }
            <bes g>4 %1B

    \new Staff {
      \relative c' {
        \key es \major \time 3/4 \clef bass
        <<
          {
            g8 f g4 <bes, g'> %1A
          }
          \\
          {
            \grace <es,, es'>8~\arpeggio \voiceTwo <es es'>2 \grace {
              <es es'>8~\arpeggio
            } <es es'>4 %1B
          }
          \\