Re: Tuplet with dashed tie

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tuplet with dashed tie
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 21:19:45 +0100

Gregor Giesen <address@hidden> writes:

> how can I write a dashed tie within a tuplet? In the following example
> "\tieDashed" is ignored:
>
> {
>   \tieDashed \tuplet 3/2 { c' ( e') g' }
> }

Because there is no tie in that example?

> Alternatively, a tilde also does not work:
> {
>   \tieDashed \tuplet 3/2 { c' ~ e' g' }
> }
> Moreover, this yields the warning: unterminated tie.

Which is correct as there is no c' to tie to.  Maybe you should check
the difference between tie and slur in the manual.  In German, it would
be the difference between "Haltebogen" and "Bindebogen".

\slurDashed works as expected.  So does \tieDashed but only if you
actually have a tie.

--
David Kastrup