Re: It is possible de play Snear Roll Midi with midi TAG, if yes, how ?

From: immanuel litzroth
Subject: Re: It is possible de play Snear Roll Midi with midi TAG, if yes, how ?
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 22:51:15 +0100

That won't sound like a roll, but like a machinegun :-)
If these things aren't prerecorded in your software it's really
hard to get a convincing roll.
Immanuel

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 9:52 PM, tisimst <address@hidden> wrote:
Steve,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Steve Prud'Homme [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We transform what is seen like an arpegio in this :
  \tag #'midi {
    \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
    \grace { ef16 ~ af ~ bf ~ ef ~ } <ef, af bf ef>2
    \unset tieWaitForNote
  }
So we cheat. So it is possible cheat midi to recreate a rool.
Question : What is a roll 1/64 notes 1/128 notes ?
How can I cheat to fake a snear roll.

Try this out:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.18.2"

drumroll = \drummode {
  \tag #'midi {
    \repeat unfold 64 sn64  % <--- here's what we want to hear
  sn8->
  }
  \tag #'engrave {
    sn1 \startTrillSpan  % <--- here's what we want to see
    sn8-> \stopTrillSpan

% Engraved score
\score {
  \new DrumStaff {