Re: Avoiding PhrasingSlur/accidental collisions

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Avoiding PhrasingSlur/accidental collisions
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 12:27:17 -0000

Noeck wrote Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:10 PM

> this [1] is more automatic:
>
> \relative c {
>  \override PhrasingSlur.details.accidental-collision = #1000
>  \repeat tremolo 8 { es'''32\( es, } es'!2\) |
> }
>
> I don't know what it actually means. Probably sth. like the value is
> very high (1000) so there is definitely a collision to avoid? But it works.

It sets the value of the penalty incurred if there is a collision with an
accidental.  The sum of the penalties incurred for various positions of the
phrasing slur are compared and the position with the lowest penalty sum is
selected as the best position.

Trevor